* Special Sessions starting Sunday Aug. 31st 2014 and continue through Thursday Dec. 4th 2014, except for Thanksgiving break. Regular tutoring will cease during Reading Period and Exam Week. However special session could be scheduled to meet the needs of students. Click here for the Residential College Math & Science Tutor Schedule.
When should I visit the Residential College Math & Science Tutors?
- Early! Get to know the various tutors before you feel like you really need help.
- When you are struggling with a concept.
- When you are trying to assess how deeply you comprehend the material.
- When you feel stuck on problem-solving.
- To talk to the tutors about research opportunities.
- To talk to the tutors about graduate school or careers in their field of study.
How should I use tutoring?
To get the most out of your time with a tutor, prepare ahead for the session. The tutor will ask what you want to work on, so come knowing what you want to accomplish with the tutor. You might come…
- To work through a question on a problem set
- To review for a test
- To talk through a concept you covered in lecture, lab, or reading
- To organize class material and create study tools
Take advantage of the academic resources available to you at Yale by dropping-in to a tutoring session at any residential college or the Science & Quantitative Reasoning Center where tutors have been scheduled No appointment is needed. Tutoring is available in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Engineering, Geology & Geophysics, Mathematics, MB&B, Physics, and Statistics. Tutors may be able to help in areas outside their immediate specialization.
For updates on tutoring schedules send an email to, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the word “subscribe” in the subject line. Notifications will be sent out to keep you informed about changes.
To be removed from our list, please send an email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
(includes college, hours, and primary expertise)
Take advantage of the academic resources available to you at Yale by dropping in to a tutoring session at any residential college or the Science & Quantitative Reasoning Center (SSS). No appointment is needed.
Click on the tutor name for more information, including directions.
Victor Albert - DC N-13 or seminar room 215: 8-11 PM, PHYSICS, CALCULUS, MATH, ENGINEERING
Florencia Orosz - SY P-11: 7-10 PM, COMPUTER SCIENCE, CALCULUS, LINEAR ALGEBRA,
Ezra Baraban - BR Mendel Rm: 7-10 PM, BIOLOGY 101, 102, MBB, MCDB, ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Aron Tobias- SM 419: 7-10 PM, ECONOMICS, CALCULUS
Francisco Munoz - MC Seminar Room near Main Gate: 8-11 PM, CALCULUS, LINEAR ALGEBRA, MATH
Jukka Vayrynen - JE L-23: 8-11 PM, PHYSICS, CALCULUS, STATISTICS, ENGINEERING
Aron Tobias - SM 419: 8-10 PM, ECONOMICS, CALCULUS
Francisco Munoz - MC Seminar Room near Main Gate: 7-9 PM, CALCULUS, LINEAR ALGEBRA, MATH
Victor Albert - DC N-13 or seminar room 215: 7-9 PM, PHYSICS, CALCULUS, MATH, ENGINEERING
Yukun Liu - TC Room 29 in basement near Entryway G: 7-9 pm, ECONOMICS
Jukka Vayrynen - JE L-23: 7-9 PM, PHYSICS, CALCULUS, STATISTICS, ENGINEERING
Ezra Baraban - BR Mendel Room: 7-9 PM, BIOLOGY 101, 102, MBB, MCDB, ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Florencia Orosz - SY P-11: 8-10 PM, CALCULUS, LINEAR ALGEBRA, MATH
Yukun Liu - TC Room 29 in basement near Entryway G: 8-11 pm, ECONOMICS
Yukun Liu will not be available on Wednesday, October 22 and Thursday, October 23. Economics tutor, Aron Tobias, will be available in Silliman College Room 419 on Wednesday, October 22 from 7PM - 9PM and Thursday, October 23 from 8PM - 11PM.
Q: When does tutoring start?
A: For Fall 2014, tutoring starts Sun Aug 31st 2014.
Q: Do I need to schedule an appointment to meet the tutor?
A: No, you may visit the tutors offices during their office hours which are listed on their individual web pages here.
Q: Is there still math/science tutoring during reading period and finals week
A: The regular tutoring schedule continues till Reading Period (Thu. Dec. 4th, 2014). During the reading period and final exam period additional ‘special’ sessions may be scheduled. Such sessions will listed in the table ‘Extra Sessions for Final Exams’.