In addition to support available from faculty research grants and other departmental and interdepartmental programs (see Yale Undergraduate Research home page), more than a dozen individual fellowship programs are available for the support of undergraduate research projects.
- Beckman Scholars Program
Provides research expense and stipend support for one academic year and two summers for selected undergraduates in the biological and biomedical sciences (participating departments: MCDB, MB&B, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering).
- Edward A. Bouchet Fellowship Program
Provides selected sophomores with research support for two summers and two academic years in any field of study.
- Environmental Internship Program
Provides support for summer research projects and internships relating to environmental issues.
- Mellon-Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program
Provides selected sophomores with research support for two summers and two academic years in designated fields of study.
- Michael Manzella Fellowship
Provides support for summer projects in cancer-related research.
- Richter Summer Fellowships
Provide support for summer projects of independent study or research in any discipline.
- Sigma Xi Grants-in-Aid of Research
Support student research with awards for supplies, equipment or travel to a research site.
- SRO (Summer Research Opportunities) in Economics
Provides selected students with the opportunity to participate in the ongoing research of Yale faculty in Economics.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program
Provides selected students with eight weeks of research and mentoring designed as preparation for graduate school.
- Tetelman Fellowship for International Research in the Sciences
Provides support for original undergraduate research projects abroad in the natural and applied sciences.
- Yale College Dean’s Research Fellowship
Provides support for a limited number of summer undergraduate research experiences for which other funding sources are not available.
- Yale College Fellowship for Research in Health Studies
Provides support for original undergraduate research projects in health studies.
- Yale College Freshman Summer Research Fellowship in the Sciences and Engineering
Provides support for undergraduate research in the sciences and engineering in the summer after the freshman year.
- Yale Science and Engineering Association Undergraduate Research Grants
Provide support for independent undergraduate research projects.
- Yale Science Scholars Program
Provides support for undergraduate research with a Yale faculty member in the natural sciences, engineering, mathematics and computer science.
For information on other Yale-administered Fellowship Programs, please see the Yale Student Grants and Fellowships database.