STARS I Academic Year Program
STARS I application opens on June 15, 2021 in the Yale Student Grants & Fellowships database, Yale Student Grants and Fellowships - Landing Page (communityforce.com). The deadline is 3:00pm ET on Friday, August 6, 2021.
STARS II Academic Year Program
STARS I application opens on July 1, 2021 in the Yale Student Grants & Fellowships database, Yale Student Grants and Fellowships - Landing Page (communityforce.com). The deadline is 3:00pm ET on Friday, September 24, 2021.
STARS Peer Mentors Program
The STARS Program matches our STARS first-year students with upper-level students who serve as peer mentors to them during their first year at Yale. Mentors help orient students to the different resources available to them as STARS scholars, especially the STARS study sessions. Peer Mentors help support the first-year cohort by offering advice and guidance and are, therefore, asked to meet with the first-years individually and as a group. Students interested in the mentor position must complete a STARS Peer Mentors Program application by the spring term deadline. Selections will be made before the end of the school year.
STARS Summer Research Program
STARS Summer Program dates:
Monday, May 30, 2022 through Friday, July 29, 2022
- Application deadline for Summer 2022 is
Friday, February 4, 2022 at 3:00pm ET
- Include a copy of your transcript, including courses you intend to take in the spring. *Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Students selected for the STARS Summer Research Program will be asked to submit a Research Plan. The plan must include the following (additional instructions will be provided with award notices):
- Background/Significance of your Research (1/2 – 1 page in length)
- Hypothesis (1 sentence)
- Research Aims (1/2 page in length)
*Failure to submit your Research Plan by the deadline will result in a forfeit of your spot in the program.
The Yale STARS Summer Research Program does not accept applications directly from students enrolled at other universities.
For application questions please contact Donalee Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please view our new e-brochure here.